The author of the recipe is (Alton Brown) – TV presenter, celebrity chef, food writer, actor, cameraman
A pudding with a creamy consistency and incredible depth of flavor that reveals itself in a new way the next day. The non-alcoholic version can do without liqueur or use banana syrup instead. Vanilla waffle pudding cookies can be bought ready-made or baked.
20 minutes plus cooling time
Portion quantity: 8 to 10
Recipes use measuring containers of volume:
1 cup (tbsp.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (cl.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (glass) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (cl.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tablespoon) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp.) – 5 ml.
- 45 vanilla waffle cookies.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 0.6 cm thick circles.
- 3/4 tbsp. granulated sugar, and 2 tbsp. for whipped cream
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter, cut into 6 pieces and chilled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 120 ml. banana liqueur
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream, firmly chilled
- In a 3-liter saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add the egg and egg yolk and whisk. Pour in the milk and whisk until the ingredients are combined (about 30 seconds). Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 78-82°C (about 5-10 minutes). The mixture will begin to thicken and bubble around the edges. Remove from heat and quickly incorporate butter with a whisk.
- Introduce 1 piece at a time, making sure the previous piece is completely dissolved before adding the next one. Quickly stir in the vanilla extract with the whisk. Cover the surface of the pudding with a circle of parchment paper and leave in the refrigerator until the mixture reaches 7°C (about 2 hours).
- Place the vanilla waffle cookies on a 46 cm. x 33 cm. baking tray. Slowly and evenly pour the banana liqueur on top. Set aside to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the banana slices and lemon juice in a small bowl.Spread a small amount of the pudding over the bottom of a 1.4 liter glass bowl. Cover first with a layer of vanilla waffle cookies and then the banana slices. Spread 1/3 of the remaining pudding over the bananas. Repeat the same, ending with a layer of pudding.
- Place the cream in the bowl of a stationary mixer. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Spread the cream over the cooled pudding and spread to completely cover it. Decorate with the remaining soaked cookies. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. Store the pudding, covered, in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days.Banana Pudding Recipe.